- Period :
- May. 11 ~ May 12 (2 days)
- Venue :
- Jeoungup riverside, Whangto-jae, around city
- Event contents :
- Official event : Worship, Ceremony contest
- Cultural Performance event : Eve performance, Custom parade, street episode drama, masque performance, farmer's musical instrumental performance
- Academic event : Academic contest (To develop a scheme of the self-governing body)
- Participation event : Students participation yard, Citizen participation yard, exhibition yeard, other events
Hwangtohyeon Donghak Peasant Revolution Commemoration Ceremony, Donghak Peasant Revolution Award Ceremony, Guminsa Memorial Tablet Enshrinement Ceremony, Donghak Peasant Army Memorial Service and etc.
Hwangtohyeon Donghak Peasant Revolution Commemoration is held in May every year. It is to celebrate the revolution against tyranny and feudalism by innocent peasants, which had moved up the modernization of Korea and greatly influenced the national movement for independence.